Rebecca Smith
Wednesday, 25 August 2010
Results Day.
On Monday night i was thinking to myself about how I'll struggle to sleep tonight and how thoughts would fill my mind as i turn my bedroom light out and shut my eyes. But just the opposite happened. I fell asleep straight away, which hardly ever happens to me. So i was double shocked but pleased that i wasn't worrying myself over what lies in the envelope and what would happen at the worst or best. I guess it was because my mind was made up and my future had 4 paths to go down. I had prepared my future so well.
I had one placement at Huntington college to study AAT level 2, A placement at Peterborough collage to study business level 2 or 3 I'm not sure which, St peters sixth form which would be resorted to in desperate hope as sixth form isn't for me and finally a job to become a trainee accountant in Ramsey. So i guess i did well and had no worries for my next two years and through doing either of these things would and could open new doors for me.
Awaking Tuesday (yesterday) morning to my mother opening my bedroom door with a polite 'Morning' as i awoke from the dead, when the thought hit me. It was results day. The day year 11's from across the world had been waiting for and also to my surprise i was not worried nor nervous, which i was pleased about.
So i got up had a shower and got myself ready and before i had the chance to sit down my mum had turned up to take me to school. On the drive there my mum wished me the best and then i was at school. My mum parked up and said she would wait for me in the car.
Walking to the school doors i wasn't nervous. It was only until i got inside the front doors that it hit me and i got butterflies in my stomach. I marched into the hall to see all familiar faces, some crying and some smiling. I received my envelop of my maths teacher who wished me the best and then i went to see a few friends to congratulate them and wish them the best. Then marched my way back outside to my mum waiting to open my results together.
I didn't know what to expect while pulling out the white paper with the pink highlighted grades. I'd done it! All the revising and panicking through exams had paid off. I was pleased with my grades. But to be honest i didn't have a rush of joy nor sorrow. I was content. I then rang my new job as this is now my future and let them know my grades and was congratulated down the phone.
To celebrate i went to lewis' house where he had a few of us over, which was nice. I got quite drunk by playing beer pong which i couldn't manage to finish so i made Jake finish my game. We lost! But i kept my drunkenness on the down low. Although i got pushed of my chair outside into an ashtray, BBQ looking thing which cut my arm. I wasn't happy! And Scott tried to hide the fact he pushed me of my chair by saying i was just to drunk. So, so kind!
All in all I'm pleased with my results as i have now secured my future and have a job to as i can learn and earn. :).
Well done to all year 11's I'm proud of you :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment